Being a decorator can be an incredibly rewarding job. However, as with any job, there are risks involved. Decorators must ensure they are properly insured to protect themselves from potentially costly risks.

One of the major risks associated with being a decorator is property damage. Decorators are often tasked with moving around furniture, hanging artwork, and even painting walls. 

If something goes wrong, it could cost the decorator a significant amount of money in repairs or replacements. Additionally, if the decorator is working in someone else’s home, they could be held liable for any damages that occur.

But of course, there are also other risks involved. That’s why insurance is essential for decorators. Insurance can help protect a decorator from costly legal fees, property damage, and theft. It can also provide peace of mind so that the decorator can focus on their work without worrying about potential risks.

That said, how are decorators supposed to choose the kind of insurance they need? In this article, let’s explore this! Here’s what you need to know:

What Insurance Should Decorators Have?

Decorators are responsible for transforming a room, building, or outdoor space into something attractive and visually pleasing. As such, it is essential for them to have comprehensive insurance coverage in order to protect themselves and their clients in the event of an accident or damage to property. 

There are a variety of insurance policies available to decorators, and it is important to understand what they are and how they can best protect you and your business.

Public Liability

Public liability insurance is particularly important for decorators who work on a contract basis, as they are often required to provide proof of insurance before they can be awarded a contract. Not having the required insurance can mean that the decorator is unable to accept a contract or that they have to pay higher premiums to obtain the required insurance.

Employers’ Liability

The primary purpose of Employers’ Liability Insurance is to protect employers against legal costs and damages that may result from an employee’s injury or illness. This protection is usually provided through a policy that covers the employer’s legal costs and any damages awarded to the employee. It is important to remember that this protection is usually only applicable to claims made by employees legally considered to be employed by the company.

Tools Cover

Tools cover insurance policies are typically tailored to the specific needs of the business or individual. Depending on the level of coverage, they can provide protection for tools and equipment used in various trades, such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and more. 

Policies can also include coverage for specialized tools and equipment and tools used in home improvement projects.

Personal Accident

Personal accident insurance is an insurance policy that provides financial protection in the event of an accident resulting in injury or death to an individual. It is a form of insurance coverage designed to provide financial support during a difficult time. 

This type of insurance provides coverage for medical expenses and other costs associated with an accident, such as lost wages and funeral expenses.

Commercial Vehicle

Commercial vehicle insurance differs from personal auto insurance in that it covers losses and damages incurred while the vehicle is used for business purposes. For example, if a business-owned vehicle is involved in a collision, commercial vehicle insurance will cover the cost of repairs and medical bills. It can also provide coverage for third-party liability, which means that a business can be held liable for damages caused by their vehicles, even if they are not at fault. 

The Bottom Line

Decorators need to have insurance for the protection of their business and clients. The insurance policy should cover any potential losses, damages, and liabilities associated with their business. This will help the decorators to cover any financial losses, legal fees, or medical expenses that might arise from any accidental injuries or damage to the property.

If you are looking for reliable decorator insurance, we can help you! Pascal Burke Insurance Brokerage Inc is where contractors got to get insured! We are specialists in an array of policies covering general cases and specialty contractors. Contact us today to learn more and get started. Get a fast quote online!