Pollution Liability Insurance
PBIB, Where Contractors Go to Get Insurance!
(Save up to 40% OFF)
Pollution liability insurance is a type of insurance that provides coverage for the financial losses and legal expenses associated with pollution incidents. This type of insurance is commonly purchased by businesses that operate in industries that produce waste or have the potential to release pollutants into the environment. It can cover damages caused by accidental spills or leaks, as well as long-term contamination from industrial processes. Pollution liability insurance can also provide coverage for the cleanup and remediation costs associated with a pollution incident.
What Does Pollution liability insurance Cover?
- Pollution liability insurance covers the financial costs associated with the cleanup and remediation of pollution incidents.
- This can include damages to third-party property, injuries to individuals, and legal fees.
- It can also provide coverage for pollution-related losses incurred by the policyholder, such as loss of business income or damage to the policyholder’s own property.
Who is covered under Pollution liability insurance?
- Pollution liability insurance typically covers the policyholder, as well as their employees and other individuals or entities that may be held responsible for pollution incidents.
- This may include contractors, subcontractors, and other third parties.
What Activities would Create a Need for Pollution liability insurance?
- Operating a factory or industrial facility that releases pollutants into the air or water
- Transporting hazardous materials or waste
- Owning or managing a storage tank for chemicals or fuel
- Using pesticides or herbicides in agricultural or landscaping operations
- Operating a vehicle or fleet of vehicles that emit exhaust or other pollutants
- Using chemicals or other substances in the contracting or production process
- Developing or managing a property with known contamination or pollution issues
- Engaging in activities that have the potential to cause environmental damage, such as drilling, mining, or quarrying.
What determines the price of Pollution liability insurance?
- The price of pollution liability insurance is determined by a number of factors, including
- The type and extent of pollution risks faced by the insured
- The size and location of the insured’s business
- The amount of coverage purchased, and the insurer’s assessment of the insured’s risk management practices.
- Other factors that may affect the price of pollution liability insurance include the policy’s terms and conditions, any deductible or co-payment requirements, and the insurer’s financial stability and claims history.
Request a Quote
Ready to spend less with better coverage?
Save up to 40% OFF your Contractor Insurance Premium!
At Pascal Burke Insurance Brokerage Inc. (PBIBInc), our knowledge of the products and the marketplace we serve is unparalleled. As former contractors, we know the construction industry from the ground up!